In June of 2002, Izakaya AMU was created to cater to the local Japanese and Japanophiles living in and around Boulder. Since then, our seasonal menu and daily specials from the kitchen and the sashimi counter have continued to offer dishes known around the world. The concept is to have a similar layout and atmosphere as you would find anywhere in Japan. The same commitment found in Japan to the quality of food and service is our focus at AMU. We emphasize a sharing atmosphere that includes food, drinks and great conversation between all that join us for a unique dining environment.
- We ask that everyone removes their shoes prior to sitting at the counter or the back tea rooms.
- Reservations of four or more will be accepted for the tea room tables and the front table in two-hour increments only.
- Gratuity may be added to parties of 4 or more.
- The counter is on first-come, first-seated basis only and parties can be added to wait list in-person only.
- Please let your server know if you have dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
1221 Spruce St, Boulder, CO 80302, USA