“The Mission of Alfalfa’s is based upon having employees as wonderful as our products and the communities we serve. We are here to offer clean, local, and organic choices, for all different aspects of life, in order to guide our guests toward the healthy, happy life they desire. Now, come join us as we seek to grow the Front Range’s only locally and independently owned full-service market and experience what it’s like being apart of a positive, proactive, and progressive culture.”
Title: Caffeine Slingin’, Smoothie Swingin’, Juice Flingin’ Professional
Salary Range: $12.00 - $15.58
Have you come to a point in your life where you’ve finally accepted a strangely high attraction toward liquids? In the same sense, do you believe that the general idea of “the cup” is one of humankind’s greatest achievements? If your first thoughts were “yes, absolutely”, “sort of but I was raised to repress these kinds of feelings”, or “goll darnit, I’d rather be making a smoothie than reading this non-sense”, you may just be perfect for the job!
We’re looking for ambitious, motivated humanoids who can roll with the daily punches of life at Alfalfa’s and deliver nonstop, jubilant customer service. You’ll receive 20% off the entire store, 100% Organic shift drinks, and high-fives on the hour, every hour. We’ve got a place for ya?? ?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Preferred experience in an established, high-paced, non-automated equipment coffee bar and juice bar environment.
2. Desire to work with coffees, teas, fresh and frozen juices and vegetables, dairy products and other food and beverage products.
3. Proven product knowledge and understanding of the many various brewing processes of coffee and teas.
4. Proven ability in the art of espresso extraction and milk steaming, knowledge of common espresso drinks and both common and exotic espresso drink preparations.
5. Adherence to recipes to mix and blend a large menu variety of juices and smoothies.
6. Proven ability in the safe operation of juicers, blenders, wheatgrass presses, and espresso machines.
7. Preferred experience operating a cash register including operating a touchscreen, handling and counting cash and operating credit card transactions.
8. Desire and ability to keep the café and all work spaces clean and safe at all times.
9. Excellent verbal communication skills including being an attentive listener and emanating a caring, happy and engaged demeanor.
10. Ability and desire to deliver exceptional and consistent customer service.
11. A positive attitude and ability to thrive in a constantly changing, customer-first environment.
12. Excellent written communication skills.
13. A passion for natural and organic foods and beverages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain excellent customer service at all times.
2. Fulfill customer orders skillfully and in a timely manner while adhering to agreed-upon recipes.
3. Perform all cash register duties.
4. Maintain the stocking of dry goods and perishable products and the organization of the back stock areas.
5. Maintain the department’s cleanliness and appearance, as well as the appearance of the café .
6. Help to ensure that quality standards by the proper cleaning, prepping, storing and rotating product.
7. Comply with all applicable state health and safety codes.
8. Participate in the keeping of official logs and transfer sheets.
9. Be friendly, courteous and welcoming to our customers and employees.
1. Lifting, bending, and stooping; along with standing and walking for extended periods of time.
2. Working in coolers with temperatures less than 40 degrees.
3. Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 40 pounds.
4. Working with hot and cold food and beverage preparation equipment.
5. Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
6. Use of box cutters, knives, blenders, juicers, and espresso machines.
7. Physical and mental dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel described.
Brand: Alfalfa's Market
Address: 1651 Broadway Boulder, CO - 80302
Property Description: Boulder, CO 80302
Property Number: 1